Who Are You Behind The Mask?
From London to Koh Pangan (Thailand) and now in Buddhafield:
Workshop for everyone who wants to:
- Explore and befriend the darkest parts of their personality called Shadow
- Reconnect with the inner power and the true self
- Explore the relationship with their ”naked truth” in the powerful dance
- Release emotions through dance
This workshop is a fusion of dance, art therapy, guided meditation, shamanic drumming and rituals.
The aim of this workshop is to help you to feel more connected to your True Self, to feel more alive, authentic and to gain awareness about your darkest aspects of your personality. You will get a chance to dance in your unique way with your own Shadow and to shamelessly show it to others and then release it burning flames of ceremonial fire. By making friends with your dark side you will feel more powerful and more connected to your True Self. You will express your unique beauty and wisdom and get rid of the inner and outer layers in this intimate and powerful dance.
Shadow is the unknown dark side of the personality. This instinctive and irrational dark side of personality is repressed and hidden in the deep unconscious. It often comes alive in a form psychological projection, in which a person unconsciously projects onto someone else his own personal inferiority. Shadow can sabotage our life ‘making us’ behave in a way we don’t want to behave and we often feel ashamed of it. Because the Shadow is instinctive it holds a huge power over us. When we recognise it, we can harness it, make it our allies, instead of allowing it to destroy us. The important step is to make it conscious.
The lay out of the evening
- Arriving and getting settle in the space
- Guided meditation and meeting your shadow
- Making the mask that represents Shadow
- Exploring aspects of our Shadow – the “mask” through movement meditation inspired by 5 Rhythms
- Getting gradually rid of layers of limitations which are represented by each item of clothing and burn the mask of the Shadow in the fire (open fire place) liberating ourselves from fears, shame and inhibitions
- Fully or partially (whatever feels comfortable) naked we will dance and celebrate our True Self, our beautiful and unique bodies, authenticity and spontaneity.
The dance is intuitive – there are no rules or steps to follow. It can be gentle, slow, fast, mad or ecstatic. All emotions are welcomed.
All art materials are provided. Please wear comfortable clothing. Places are limited and booking is required.
Join this wild and liberating dance journey and feel more powerful, free, spontaneous and authentic.